Apple Date Bars
Ingredients (Serves 18)
5 Tablespoons butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
3 Tablespoons 2% milk
¾ teaspoons baking soda
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup walnut pieces
½ cup dried dates, pitted and chopped
½ cup apples, peeled and chopped
1 large egg
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12 X 9 inch pan
2. Cream the butter and brown sugar. Mix in the egg and milk. Stir in the apples.
3. Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg, mix thoroughly. Stir in the nuts and dates.
4. Spread dough into greased pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into 2- inch square bars.